Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Words to Live By . . .

I was reading comments from journalists after the death of their colleague Walter Cronkite and one of them was especially meaningful to me. It was from Andy Rooney of CBS's "60 Minutes".

Andy said:

"I've been proud over the years to see Walter become not just one of the best-known people on television but one of the best-known people in the whole world of people. He was proud of me, too, and there's no better feeling in life than that. I wouldn't trade Walter Cronkite liking me for just about anything I've ever had."

I would love to live so that people could say they wouldn't trade me liking them for just about anything they have ever had. I don't think one has to be famous to aspire to that kind of legacy.

2 comments:

Eric Schulz said...

I believe that you have lived that long...

Eric Schulz said...

According to your profile, you're 254 years old.