Thursday, September 10, 2009

Johnny Isbell

My dad was born 106 years ago today. By nature, he was a quiet man but in all ways that mattered, he was strong and powerful. He was a strong Christian, an avid Auburn fan, a diligent farmer, a lover of nature and above all else, he was totally devoted to his family. He spent thousands of hours of my childhood reading to me, working puzzles with me, taking walks with me, counting stars with me and singing songs to me. He had such a positive impact on my life that I will never forget the day he was born - or any other day of his life for that matter.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Everyone loved him...he was a great and wonderful grandaddy. He called me his "ducky doodle" (where he got that I never knew!)

Carol and Julian said...

I'm not surprised that your Daddy was a quiet man, because apples don't fall too far from the tree. Right, Whisperer? Julian Wilson